Ever wish you could just do a visual search in the MLS? Well, now it’s easy. Using the DelMLS App (available on the Apple App Store or Google Play for free) you can draw the exact shape of the geographical region you’d like to search.
The Speed Bar will allow you to run a search from any screen:
The Speed Bar accepts two types of input:
- Speed Bar Shorthand: a series of simple codes you enter into the Speed Bar. Matrix translates your entries into search criteria and runs the corresponding search.
- Speed Bar Shortcuts: any Matrix search that you’ve Saved As a Speed Bar shortcut. Enter its name in the Speed Bar and Matrix runs that saved search.
- Keep it simple and case doesn’t matter
- Combine your Shorthand codes in any order (except for bedrooms and bathrooms)
- Put spaces between Shorthand codes, not commas
- Check the criteria on the results page to ensure it searched for what you asked for
Speed Bar Shorthand Examples:
- ML Numbers: 516373 or 516373 519347
- Status: A for Active; X for Expired; L for Leased; C for Closed, etc. Example: “L COML” (without quotes) for Leased Commercial
- RES, LOT, COM, FARM, COMLProperty Type:
- Examples: LOT for Lots and Land or COM for Commercial and COML for Commercial Lease, “A CP” (without quotes) for Active Cross Property
- Street Number and Name: 123 Main (enter exact Street Number and Street Name as in “959 Norman Eskridge Hwy” but without quotes)
- City: City name; Example: “Millsboro $100-150” (without quotes) for properties between $100-150 thousand in the city of Millsboro.
- Price (In Thousands): $500-550 or $500+ or $500-(this is the current price for Actives; the Sales Price for Solds)
- Bedrooms and Bathrooms: 4+ 3+ for 4 or more bedrooms and 3 or more bathrooms
- Approx Square Feet: 2000+ sqft or 2000-2500 sqft
- Acres: 20 acres or 2.5+ ac
- Open Houses: OH 7/20/2014 or OH 0 (0 means today)
- Agent Search: AG Brown or AG Adam Brown
- Office Search: OFF Century*
Combining Shorthand Codes – Examples:
- A COM for Active Commercial listings
- C LOT for Closed Lots and Land
- A 19975 for Active listings in Zip Code 19975
- A 19975 $800+ 4+ for Active in 19975 at $800,000 or above with 4 or more bedrooms
Field Examples: Status: A, X, L, P, C, W, K Type: RES, COM, COML, LOT, FARM Price (in Thousands): You must use a ‘$’ before the dollar amount.
- $300 –> Price equals $300,000
- $300-350 –> Price between $300,000 and $350,000
- $650+ –> Price equal to or greater than $650,000
- $300- –> Price equal to or less than $300,000
Beds: You may add a space and “beds” or “bd” after the number, but are not required to do so.
- 3 –> Exactly 3 Bedrooms
- 3-5 –> Between 3 and 5 Bedrooms, inclusive
- 3+ –> Equal to or greater than 3 Bedrooms
- 3- –> Equal to or less than 3 Bedrooms
Full Baths: You may add a space and “baths” or “ba” after the number, but are not required to do so.
- 3 ba –> Exactly 3 Full Baths
- 3 baths –> Exactly 3 Full Baths
- 3-5 ba –> Between 3 and 5 Full Baths, inclusive
- 3+ ba –> Equal to or greater than 3 Full Baths
- 3- ba –> Equal to or less than 3 Full Baths
Zip Code: Enter a 5 digit Zip Code
- 19973 19944
Approx Square Feet: You must add “sqft” or “sf” after the number.
- 3000+ sqft –> Equal to or greater than 3,000 sqft
- 2000-2750 sqft –> Between 2,000 and 2,750 sqft, inclusive
Approx Acres: You must add “ac” or “acres” after the number; but it does not matter which shorthand code you use.
- 1 acres –> Exactly 1 Acre
- 3.5+ ac –> Equal to or greater than 3.5 acres
- 2.5- ac –> Equal to or less than 2.5 acres
- (Note that ac or acres may be used)
This is your ultra-fast, easy dose of the latest tech that can help your life as a REALTOR®. Whether it’s using the MLS, Mobile Apps, or surfing around, we’ll give you the tools you need each Tuesday.