Miss the Installation at SCAOR? Not to worry, check out this video to catch right up:
Check out this interview with Brigit Taylor about where we’ve come from in 2016, our journey with Bright MLS, and where we’re headed in the new year.
2016 was such an exciting year. It’s been an exciting challenge and great reward leading the Affiliates Committee, as we gained both clarity & momentum. The businesses represented by our membership have been an honor to work with, and I can’t wait to see this driving force in our community continue.
This year, with Cheryl Meyers taking the helm as Chair, I’m certain we’ll be entertaining even more new growth, new events, and new ideas to explore. Look for our renewal invites to go out the first week in January, as well as our first Affiliate’s meeting on January 4th (click here to see agenda). If you’re interested, or would like more information about joining this incredible crew, click here to request information and we’ll send a packet to you right away.
-All the best for 2017,
Andrew J. Mason
State of the Organization Annual Report
As we all plan to enjoy the holiday season with friends and family, I thought it would be appropriate to summarize what SCAOR accomplished in 2016 and summarize where the association is heading in 2017. Together, we have a responsibility to fulfill the Strategic Plan which includes providing clear communications, leading valuable advocacy initiatives, implementing robust technology and training programs and creating value propositions that reflects the interests of the members.
First, thank you for the warm welcome as your new CEO. I would also like to thank the 2016 BOD and Search Committee for believing in me as your next association executive. I am honored to lead such a diverse and progressive association of real estate professionals. I am also grateful to work with an educated and passionate staff. Each staff associate brings a diverse skill set to the organization and I look forward to growing those skill sets in 2017.
The membership status is strong and growing. As of November 30, there were 1,390 primary members, 125 secondary members, 434 Multiple List Service members and 41 Affiliates. As we transition to Bright MLS, a regional MLS of over 80,000 subscribers covering six states, my goal will be to sustain membership at all levels. This will take a commitment from staff to communicate to the membership why it is important to remain a member of SCAOR.
For 2017, I will closely monitor our work in connection to the Strategic Plan with a special emphasis on developing better value propositions and informing members of the Bright MLS conversion date. To communicate more effectively, I have asked staff to add a Bright MLS banner to the monthly SCAORcard. Network Manager, Ben Kunde, and I will be adding information to the SCAORcard on a monthly basis to keep the membership up-to-date on everything conversion related. If you have questions about Bright MLS or any other topic, please call me at the office or email me at email@example.com.
Lastly, I would like to congratulate the 2017 SCAOR President Brigit Taylor and the new BOD. The first meeting is scheduled for January 19, 2017 at 9 am at SCAOR.
Merritt Burke IV
- Public Policy is revving up for an exciting time! Stay “tuned” for our exciting announcement!!!
- Some immediate dates of interest of outside networking events: January 4th is the monthly S.C.A.T meeting being held at Baywood. SCAOR will be represented by our new President, Brigit Taylor, PPC Chairman Bob McVey and PPC staff liaison, Patricia Anderson.
- January 10th is the Inaugural Sussex County Prayer Breakfast from 7:30am-9:00am. This is a yearly event bringing state, county, and local elected offiicials together, along with community supporters, and businesses for a time of networking and prayer for the elected officials before they are sworn into office. SCAOR has been a consistent supporter of this event and would welcome all those that would like to join us the morning of January 10th.
- The Sussex County Comprehensive Plan continues to move forward so stay tuned for new updates as we receive them.
- We are gearing up for a new year and preparing early for the biggest short term rental season! RAC will be representing SCAOR at two trade shows in 2017. One in Washington DC in January and one in Pittsburg, PA in March.
- RAC is working to revamp some of the nomination/applications for our Alma Ashley Award, awarded to a deserving Rental Agent at the end of year!