Check out our next Meeting dates for each of our committees:
- Affiliates – November 30th at 8:30 AM
- Finance -October 19, 2016 at 2PM
- MLS – October 24, 2016 at 9AM
- Professional Development – November 3, 2016 at 1PM
- Public Policy – October 27, 2016 at 9AM
- Rental Affairs – November 16, 2016 at 8:30 AM
- PCA – October 21, 2016 at 9:30 AM
A new user portal is launching for billing and education – you will be receiving an email between monday and wednesday next week with instructions on how to access it.
Congratulations to the DAR members appointed to serve on NAR Committees for 2017 during DAR’s 2016 annual conference. Also, check out this PDF for the Delaware REALTOR® of the year press release.
|Name||Committee Name||Position||Start Date||End Date|
|BRAUNSTEIN, ERIC||Risk Management Issues Committee||Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|BROGAN, RICHARD F||RPAC Participation Council||Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|DEAN, FREDERICK||Multiple Listing Issues and Policies Committee||Member: At-Large||12/1/2016||11/30/2019|
|HARMAN, ROBERT R||Board of Directors||State Allocated Director||12/1/2015||11/30/2018|
|HARMAN, ROBERT R||Broker Involvement Council||Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2016||11/30/2018|
|MCGINNIS, PHILIP J||Federal Independent Expenditures||Advisory Board Chair||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|MCGINNIS, PHILIP J||Public Advocacy||Advisory Group Member: Committee Chair [RPAC Trustees Federal Disbursement Committee]||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|MCGINNIS, PHILIP J||RPAC Trustees Federal Disbursement Committee||Chair||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|MCVEY, ROBERT F||Multiple Listing Issues and Policies||Committee Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2015||11/30/2018|
|MCVEY, ROBERT F||REALTOR® Party Member Involvement||Committee Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2016||11/30/2018|
|PLUMMER, BRUCE E||Membership Policy and Board Jurisdiction Committee||Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2014||11/30/2017|
|PLUMMER, BRUCE E||Professional Standards Committee||Member: State Representative [Delaware]||1/13/2016||11/30/2018|
|RENDLE, ANNE||State and Local Issues Policy Committee||Member: At-Large||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|RIEDLE, BRADFORD B||Membership Policy and Board Jurisdiction Committee||Member: At-Large||12/1/2016||11/30/2019|
|RODRIGUEZ, MAXIMO T||RPAC Major Investor Council||Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|TAYLOR, BRIGIT R||Resort and Second Home Real Estate Committee||Member: At-Large||12/1/2016||11/30/2017|
|WILLIAMS, BAYARD||Housing Opportunity Committee||Member: State Representative [Delaware]||12/1/2016||11/30/2018|
Check out our latest update from Public Policy!
Communications Plan Update:
It was our honor to be able to share a bit of our communications plan update at SCAOR’s General Membership Meeting this year. In case you missed, or would like a re-cap, here’s what’s happening as of this week (10/07/16):
- “At-a-Glance” Mondays – Weekly email of SCAOR news showing up in your inbox monday morning
- Tech Tip Tuesday – Helpful Screencast Videos on how to do something with Technology
- Throwback Thursday – Fun Pictures on the SCAOR Site of Past Pictures
- Blog Post Friday – Articles, Podcasts, Videos – A random selection of helpful information for REALTORS
- SCAOR Card – Monthly Communication regarding SCAOR News happening at the department level. Communications, Public Policy, Finances, Education, Committees, DAR, NAR, etc.
We also got to share some great, interesting stats regarding the last Quarter’s worth of communication. Check out the PDF here –
We’re not there yet on lower owner-occupancy ratios for FHA condo loans. HUD says it needs more input before making it possible to get federally insured financing for buying a unit in a building with a lot of renters. Other stories look at help for struggling homeowners through the federal HARP program, which allows owners to refinance or even modify their mortgage if they have little or no equity or are underwater. The video also looks at the last home sales, and includes a message from the NAR president why real estate professionals should vote in upcoming elections. And it looks at a new audio podcast called The Takeaway that provides concrete ideas for agents. The first podcast looks at creating a board of directors for your practice.
- FHA condo financing
- Federal HARP refinancing and modification
- The Takeaway with Nobu Hata
- Landscaping ROI
- Home sales
- Why you should vote
We caught up with Angela Emerson, head of our education department, and did a quick interview:
SCAOR: We’re all really busy these days. What’s the quickest way to keep all of our REALTOR® education organized?
Angela: “If you don’t have it already, I’d visit the SCAOR website to obtain the handy dandy checklist. It’s a great way to help you keep it all together. “
SCAOR: “What classes are you most excited about?
Angela: I’d say to be on the lookout for some surprise offerings…Here’s a hint…..November 18 we will have a special guest that guarantees to assist you with boosting your sales, performance, and customer experience-without being physically present. This guest will visually demonstrate value that only you can provide – in a way that makes your stand out from the competition.
SCAOR: “Bonus – Do you have a favorite educational quote?”
Angela: I do! It’s by Abraham Lincoln: “Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in.”
So what’s happening with Education these days?
Here’s the low-down:
- Do you know the name Doug Devirtre? If not, you should. He’s the national author of “Screen to Screen Selling”, and he’s coming to SCAOR in November. Tickets go on sale soon.
- NAR Ethics – Knock out your Module 2 AND NAR Ethics on October 27th. This course satisfies both the State of Delaware’s Module 2 – Professional Standards in Real Estate requirement. As an added bonus this course also satisfies NAR’s quadrennial ethics requirement. Click here to join!
- As always, if you have any questions regarding your educational requirements or any of SCAOR’s course offerings please don’t hesitate to give us a call or shoot Angela an email.