Communications Plan Update:
It was our honor to be able to share a bit of our communications plan update at SCAOR’s General Membership Meeting this year. In case you missed, or would like a re-cap, here’s what’s happening as of this week (10/07/16):
- “At-a-Glance” Mondays – Weekly email of SCAOR news showing up in your inbox monday morning
- Tech Tip Tuesday – Helpful Screencast Videos on how to do something with Technology
- Throwback Thursday – Fun Pictures on the SCAOR Site of Past Pictures
- Blog Post Friday – Articles, Podcasts, Videos – A random selection of helpful information for REALTORS
- SCAOR Card – Monthly Communication regarding SCAOR News happening at the department level. Communications, Public Policy, Finances, Education, Committees, DAR, NAR, etc.
We also got to share some great, interesting stats regarding the last Quarter’s worth of communication. Check out the PDF here –
We caught up with Angela Emerson, head of our education department, and did a quick interview:
SCAOR: We’re all really busy these days. What’s the quickest way to keep all of our REALTOR® education organized?
Angela: “If you don’t have it already, I’d visit the SCAOR website to obtain the handy dandy checklist. It’s a great way to help you keep it all together. “
SCAOR: “What classes are you most excited about?
Angela: I’d say to be on the lookout for some surprise offerings…Here’s a hint…..November 18 we will have a special guest that guarantees to assist you with boosting your sales, performance, and customer experience-without being physically present. This guest will visually demonstrate value that only you can provide – in a way that makes your stand out from the competition.
SCAOR: “Bonus – Do you have a favorite educational quote?”
Angela: I do! It’s by Abraham Lincoln: “Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in.”
So what’s happening with Education these days?
Here’s the low-down:
- Do you know the name Doug Devirtre? If not, you should. He’s the national author of “Screen to Screen Selling”, and he’s coming to SCAOR in November. Tickets go on sale soon.
- NAR Ethics – Knock out your Module 2 AND NAR Ethics on October 27th. This course satisfies both the State of Delaware’s Module 2 – Professional Standards in Real Estate requirement. As an added bonus this course also satisfies NAR’s quadrennial ethics requirement. Click here to join!
- As always, if you have any questions regarding your educational requirements or any of SCAOR’s course offerings please don’t hesitate to give us a call or shoot Angela an email.