Welcome to the SCAOR September REALTOR® membership report!
- Year to date, we have 214 new members, with 25 being added in September.
|9/13/17||Joan M Hynes|
|9/14/17||Robert McVey III|
|9/20/17||Mary Ann Benyo|
|9/27/17||Donna M Hardy|
|9/28/17||Christine H Grace|
If you were at the General Membership meeting, then you know that we covered a *lot* of valuable information for the coming months. Feel free to review any of the presentations:
- SCAOR Staff Update – The SCAOR Staff each gave updates on their respective areas. Click here to view the slide deck from that presentation.
- Bright MLS – We were honored to have Robert Andress share the upcoming Bright MLS changes. As well as announce the training dates to the membership.
- DAR Legislative Update – Maria Evans from DAR Shared a legislative update with us.
- RPAC Update – Liz Demorest & Lauren Facemire from NAR attended and shared a lot of valuable RPAC information for our members.
- Congratulations to John Bohne for winning free SCAOR Dues for 2108, and to Bruce Plummer for winning a free facility rental on SCAOR.
We’ve just confirmed the following dates at SCAOR for Bright MLS training (with more possibly happening). Stay tuned for a future email to register!
- Friday, Nov 17
- Monday, Nov 27
- Wednesday, Nov 29
- Monday, Dec 4
- Monday, Dec 11
- Wednesday, Dec 20
How is your NAR membership valuable? Let us out the ways. 50 to be exact.*
Representing you and your clients before Congress and federal agencies:
- Protecting tax incentives for homeownership and real estate investment, including the mortgage interest deduction, commercial depreciation and 1031 exchanges
- Guarding private property rights and advancing sound and reasonable lending standards and access to credit
- Lobbying for reasonable regulations
- Providing financial and technical assistance at every level of government
- Supporting candidates who protect real property ownership
- Providing grants and guidance for community economic development and improvement
Offering you an identifiable, marketable brand identity:
- Protecting the REALTOR® trademark and the high standards the word represents
- Promoting the trademark and REALTORS®’ adherence to a Code of Ethics as points of difference among practitioners through national advertising
- Creating and managing the .REALTOR top-level domain
Creating and partnering with companies to give you cutting-edge technologies:
- Providing extensive commercial and residential property data and listing information through Realtors Property Resource® (RPR)
- Bringing business-building tools to market, including Sentrilock’s Bluetooth® REALTOR® lockbox through the REALTOR Benefits® Program, and dozens of technology applications through Second Century Ventures, the REach™ technology accelerator program, and the Center for REALTOR® Technology
Linking you to consumers through far-reaching media properties:
- Realtor.com®, NAR’s official website, contains the most accurate national listing data available. It also includes international listings from more than 40 countries. CommercialSearch.com is NAR’s national commercial property listing platform
- HouseLogic, NAR’s resource for home owners, providing trusted information on protecting, improving, and maintaining the value of the home
- Real Estate Today, NAR’s weekly two-hour radio show, now in 200 markets
Producing market research unavailable elsewhere:
- Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, and Profile of Buyers’ Home Feature Preferences
- Commercial Real Estate Lending Survey Report, Local Market Assessment Case Studies, and State by State International Business Reports
- Member Profile, Commercial Member Profile, and Firm Profile
Advancing your industry through authoritative, closely tracked economic indicators:
- Monthly existing-home sales data and Monthly pending home sales index
- Quarterly metropolitan median home prices
- Quarterly commercial real estate outlook and market survey reports
Professionalism and Cooperation
Advancing your industry through standards of professionalism:
- Maintaining the REALTORS® Code of Ethics, the cornerstone of the REALTOR® organization and the distinguishing characteristic of your membership
- Setting forth policies and procedures to ensure vigorous, fair, and impartial enforcement of the Code by local and state associations
- Using dispute resolution, mediation, and arbitration tools and procedures to provide efficient and economical resolution of contractual disputes between members
- Providing world class mediation and advanced professional standards training
- Facilitating cooperation between REALTORS®, contemplated as the norm in the Code, through the MLS
- Ensuring that REALTOR® membership and MLS participatory rights are available on reasonable and nondiscriminatory terms
- Using IDX and VOW policies to ensure the ability of MLS participants to conduct brokerage activities online, including advertising other participants’ listings
Helping you increase your professionalism through degree-, designation-, and certification-granting programs and through continuing education credit:
- Master of Real Estate (MRE) degree through REALTOR® University
- CE credit, designations, and certifications, including newer ones such as Military Relocation Professional (MRP), Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource (SFR), and Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
- NAR’s institutes, societies, and councils, which offer designations, networking opportunities, and coursework that includes business concentrations such as commercial real estate, international, land, and appraisal
- E-books from NAR’s Virtual Library that are available for borrowing via computer or tablet
- Classes, booklets, and other resource material aimed at keeping you aware of, and operating in accordance with, federal Fair Housing laws prohibiting discrimination in the marketplace
Offering special pricing and value-added products and services from major providers:
- Technology: Dell, Lenovo, Placester, SentriLock, Sprint, Xerox, Xceligent, Inc.
- Travel & Automotive: FCA US LLC (formerly Chrysler Group), Avis®, Budget®, Hertz®
- Office Supplies & Services: FedEx, OfficeMax®
- Financial Services & Risk Management: Intuit®, REALTOR® Credit Card, REALTORS® Federal Credit Union, a division of Northwest Federal Credit Union, American Home Shield, Victor O. Schinnerer & Company.
- Liberty Mutual (auto, home, renters), REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace (includes health exchange access to major medical and medicare plans, plus short-term medical, supplemental plans, telehealth, dental insurance, vision insurance, discount drug card)
- Transaction Management: DocuSign and zipLogix™
- Gifting & Marketing Resources: FedEx Office, REALTOR Team Store®
Creating opportunities for you to extend your referral partners nationally and internationally:
- REALTORS® Conference & Expo every November
- REALTORS® Legislative Meetings every May in Washington, D.C.
- Young Professionals Network, Certified International Property Specialist Network (for CIPS designees), and commercial networking events
- REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC), which in addition to its critical role in association advocacy, offers opportunities to network with some of the real estate industry’s most involved practitioners
- Broker summits and events where you can network with peers in your business area of expertise
Supporting you, your brokerage, and your association on legal matters:
- Financial and technical help on industry-important legal cases through Legal Action Program
- Legal help through friend-of-the-court briefs and other actions to help inform court analyses of cases
- Summaries of real estate—related state and national court decisions
Urgently getting resources to you to help you operate your business safely:
- Regularly occurring safety webinars and articles for managers and agents in NAR’s publications and on its websites
- Pre-packaged presentations for managers available through REALTOR® Magazine Online
- Safety checklists and other handouts for agents and their customers
*Content reprinted from Nar.realtor.